Friday, October 21, 2011

Sesame Laddoo

Not only are sesame seeds a very good source of manganese and copper, but they are also a good source of calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, vitamin B1, zinc and dietary fiber. 

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup sesame seeds
  •  ¾ cup jaggery grated
  •  ½ cup desiccated coconut or dry coconut powder
  •  2 tbsp cashews broken
  •  ½ tsp cardamom powder
  •  1 tbsp melted ghee (optional)

Method:

  • Dry roast the sesame seeds in a non stick pan until brown.
  • Add rest of the ingredients except ghee and cashews.
  • Grind it into a fine powder. You will find that the oil from the seeds is enough to bind the powder into ladoos.
  • Alternatively, I roasted the cashews pieces in ghee since I wanted the flavor and little bit of richness.
  • Once the cashews browned, I added them to the ground sesame-jaggery mixture in a bowl and gave it a quick mix.
  • While hot, shape them quickly into balls. You can enjoy them simply as powder too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me @ Twitter��